2014. november 9., vasárnap

Formation

Music
In this post I will write about two things. In reality these two can not be separated, because one will not work without the other.

So the first thing is self-conscious self-forming. I have been wanting to discuss this earlier, in fact I have written a sketchy post about it, but never reached the point to actually publish it. The idea was that when you deliberately take on an act – any act, even the smallest one (eg. lift your head like a proud, happy person would do), that motion, that act creates emotions. For me, walking with my head lifted, actually makes me smile. Then yesterday I have watched a TED talk about the same thing. Here it is:
http://www.ted.com/talks/amy_cuddy_your_body_language_shapes_who_you_are

The major point in the talk in my opinion is this:
"Fake it until you become it."

I have read in other books that a person started doing something and at the end they became what he wanted to be. I will give you an example. Emma Watson knew at the age of 6 that she wanted to become an actress. And because she focused on it, and started working toward it really hard, she really became one. And this should work with almost anything. Obviously you will need some talent, but the dedication – the psychical part – is more important. If you are dedicated, you will find a way. Faking it and working on it until you don't have to fake it anymore.

And we are arriving to the second part of what I'd like to write about. The second, inseparatable part is knowing. Knowing what you want to become, what you want to achieve. If you do not know that, you won't know if you are going in the right direction or not. You might leap off a cliff and start falling thinking that you are moving faster than ever before only to realize when hitting the ground that you were moving in the wrong direction. You should have principles, so that even when you know where you are heading, and still encounter decisions those outcome you won't know, you can stick to your principles and not regret a thing after. As always... Easier said than done. Mistakes can teach us the most. Don't be afraid to make one. If you don't make mistakes, you are not even living. A mistake is not equal to a failure. When you make a mistake, you are at least trying. A failure is when you don't even try. I think that the definition of losing is "not trying".


Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése