2014. augusztus 25., hétfő

Your all-powerful mind

Music
There is a saying in Hungarian which I haven't heard yet in English and is the following:
"Minden fejben dől el" ~ "Everything is decided in the head"

My Jiu Jitsu master used to say it to me, meaning that whether I can or can't do something, it is because of me thinking that I can or can't do it. Impossible things have been done before:

  • It was said to be impossible to run 100 meters in less than 10 seconds and yet it has been done.
  • It was said to be impossible to go into space and yet it has been done.
  • It was said to be impossible for the computer to spread in the world and yet they have. (Famous quote from Thomas J. Watson: "I think there is a world market for maybe five computers")

Yes, you might have to work really hard for something to be done. But if you truly believe that you can do it, you will do it, you will achieve what you want.

I always was and still am amazed when a person says that they had swum through the entire pool only taking one breath. This seemed impossible for me because I was able to do only 4 strokes at best, let alone the entire pool!!! Today I went swimming...

I was thinking and trying to be underwater for as long as I could while swimming. 4 strokes, 6 strokes. And then I decided I will cross the pool with as few breaths as I can. I had to take 4 breaths (1 at the beginning and 3 more while swimming). Well, it was still the best I've ever done... :))) But then I went on. I counted how many strokes I could do. I only focused on the strokes of my hand and not my seeming need for oxygen. One big breath and go. 10 strokes! I knew I CAN DO MORE. I did 12 and was almost halfway through the pool. I knew in that moment that I WILL do this. It was not a question of being able to or not. I decided that I will. Without any doubt. 12 strokes, 13. I see the end of the blue line, that means only a few more. 14, 15, 16. I'm in. I did it. I swam through with only 2 breaths. An impossible thing for me and I did it. Not because of knowing I can do it, but because of deciding to do it. My instincts said to go up and breathe, but my will was stronger and my mind was in control of the situation. It was such a great feeling. I imagine that contestants in the Olympic and every other race and competition are having this feeling when they are racing really hard. Everything is decided in the head.

When you want to do something and want to do it hard, you can do it if you have a strong WILL. That's the key. If you have doubt, you ARE going to lose because someone else who does not have doubt is going to win. In Dragon Ball Goku's greatest power was his WILL. The WILL to keep on fighting. Neo in Matrix stands up at the end of the third movie because of his WILL. Because he has CHOSEN to keep fighting. This is what makes great people great. Their willpower. Mahatma Gandhi, Mother Theresa, Muhammad Ali, etc. They couldn't be the ones they were and are if they didn't have a strong willpower and hadn't overcome their doubts.

As a final thought let me show you an other quote, this time from Henry Ford:
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't – you're right."

Think about it :)


Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése