The Matrix Trilogy has had such a great effect on me, that parts of the movie come to my mind now and then. Yesterday I wanted to write about knowing and how it affects us, but I only had time for a quick brainstorming session where I just wrote keywords down. It's been a busy few weeks and I'm still trying to catch up on some things.
Most of us have feelings, but the way it affects us and the way we handle them is quite different. As for me, I tend to get overwhelmed with mines, and they strongly affect my behaviour and my rational thinking. It is not good nor bad, it's just the way it is, I've been learning to cope with it. Because of this I agree with the following quote by Antonio Damasio: "We are not thinking machines that feel; rather, we are feeling machines that think."
There are people who are much less emotional and don't care about what they feel or why they feel it. I like to know the reason of things - partly of me asking "why" has made me like physics and maths and lead me to engineering. So when I feel something I usually look into myself and look and the reasons. This way I'm getting to know myself and the way I react to outside or inside effects better. It's really fascinating. For example, why am I angry now, why did I get so happy around these people, etc. An other aspect that's interesting that you can get to know other people, but not yourself in the traditional sense. I'm sure you've also wondered how would you perceive yourself if you met yourself. Would you be best buddies, or would you hate them or not even notice yourself?
|
|
So when I feel down and look deep into myself, I usually - almost always - realize that it's not the outside which causes the feeling. It's the inside. "I lack love." You only feel this when you don't love yourself. How can you expect others to love you, if you don't love you? Yes, it's a cliche, but still true. You're the one that spends the most time with you, so you should know each good and bad thing about yourself, realize your good properties, love those! :) By the way, it's easier said than done, but better try and fail than not try at all.
And here is a picture of a dog:
Nincsenek megjegyzések:
Megjegyzés küldése