Kedves Olvasóim! Úgy döntöttem, hogy ezentúl angolul teszem közzé a bejegyzéseimet. Ennek okai, hogy több embert érek el így (köztük több külföldi barátomat); hogy gyakoroljam az angol nyelvű írást; hogy éreztessem, hogy manapság mennyire fontos legalább az angol nyelv ismerete; és hogy ösztönözzem a nyelvtanulásotokat! Ilyen jó fej vagyok ;-)
My dear readers! I've come to the decision that from now on I will write my blog posts in English. The reasons are: I am able to reach more people this way (including my friends from other countries); I can practice writing in English; I'd like to show you how important it is to know at least English as a foreign language; this way I'm encouraging your language-learning! I am this cool! ;-)
According to Wikipedia and the chart below I made using the data, I should be writing in Mandarin, but the statistics say I haven't had any visitor from China, and I also don't speak Mandarin - yet - so I'll stick to the second most spoken language in the world, English.
In this rather short post, I would like to point out the importance of foreign languages. As there are others who have already summarized it better than I ever could, I will point to a site where the author did it thoroughly: this one. As a closing thought, there is a quoute on this site from Nelson Mandela - one of my role models (if you haven't seen the movie Invictus yet, I recommend watching it!) - which I found really beautiful:
"If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart." - Nelson Mandela

Nincsenek megjegyzések:
Megjegyzés küldése